This is a weekly meme hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl!
For this week the topic is: Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About (these are the books you need help deciding if they’re worth adding to your TBR or not.) If you love any of the books I’ve listed below please tell me why! Maybe I’ll change my mind.
Let me start out by saying there are A LOT of releases in 2019 and trying to filter through them all is a bit overwhelming. I want to focus on reading ones that I feel like I know I will love, these books are extremely hyped; however, I’m on the fence because I’m not sure I will love them as much as everyone else.
- Gilded Wolves: It sounds interesting enough, however, I’m on a huge magic type fantasy kick right now and I’m just worried that I won’t be in the right mindset for this book. Maybe I’ll add it to my TBR list and I’ll get around to it towards the end of the year.
2. Stain: I love fairy tales and I love that this story has a main character with a disability but I think this story would have been better received a few years ago. With so many “Princess cast out but comes back to save her kingdom” books in the market, I’m not sure this one will be very original.
3. Wilder Girls: The cover is awesome, unique and a bit weird in the best way possible. I really want to force myself to read it and hope that I’m pleasantly surprised but It feels a bit sci-fi with the tox hitting this school and it going under quarantine. I don’t typically read sci-fi, I’m more into fantasy so please someone convince me to read this.
4. The Similars: This seems like it could be very dark and twisted but again it seems like a sci-fi type book and they’re very hit and miss for me.
5. King of Scars: I don’t typically read male POV’s, which I probably should because #diversity, but this one also just doesn’t seem like one I will enjoy.
6. Slayer: Are we not over vampires yet? The synopsis does sound like it will provide a twist so maybe it’s worth diving back into the paranormal realm.
7. The Devouring Gray: Everyone is saying that this is similar to Stranger Things, a show that I was never interested in starting, therefore I don’t think that I will be interested in starting this series.
8. Aurora Rising: The cover is beautiful but I feel like I would be forcing myself to read this simply because its hyped, considering I’m not very interested in space cadets.
9. Last of Her Name: IM SO TORN ON THIS ONE! On one hand, it’s an Anastasia retelling but it’s in space… I DON’T LIKE TO READ ABOUT SPACE. Someone, please convince me to read this and let it be amazing.
10. The Starless Sea: This sounds like an awesome adventure but I’m also slightly confused by the plot; it seems vague and I’m worried that the book will be different from what I thought going into it.
What are some books you’re on the fence about? I would love to chat!